Natural Docs 1.51 released
December 21st, 2010

Maintenance release.  There are a number of small bugfixes I won't go through because most of you probably aren't running into them, and the people who are were already notified that their changes were going to be in here.

The one I will point out is that Unicode support is improved.  Specifically, Natural Docs supports UTF-16 files now, which some Mac IDEs apparently use.  It seems I've bashed Perl's Unicode support unfairly.  It exists, it's just annoyingly manual so I have to sniff out the BOM myself and set the encoding accordingly.  I've also removed the -cs (--charset) option; Natural Docs always outputs UTF-8 now.  That was just a hack from when I didn't really know what I was doing on that front yet.

I just looked it up and it was introduced in 1.33 almost six years ago.  And 1.0 was released 7.5 years ago.  Jeez.

Earlier   Later
Natural Docs 1.5 releasedNatural Docs 1.52 released